Powered By Blogger

Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Reunion lunch.(22.1.12)

So most of my friends had reunion dinner,but for my family we had reunion lunch instead.After having a light lunch with Xian,he dropped me off to my gram's place.I was slightly late and they were already started cooking the treasure Pot.Previously i had no idea wthell is this Treasure Pot or also known as 盆菜 in mandarin(Hmmm..probably most of you know what is this golden pot,but i never tasted it before till this CNY).I googled it up and found this : Poon choi or Big Bowl Feast is a traditional type of dish originated from Hong Kong village Hakka cuisine.Poon Choi includes ingredients such as pork,beef,lamb,chicken,duck,abalone,ginseng,shark fin,fish maw,prawn,crab,dried mushrooms,fishballs,squids,dried eel,dried shrimps,pigskin,beancurd and chinese radish(i realized most of the stuff i cannot eat. =s).Anyway here it is :



Ughhh,sorry for my cacatness in editing this pic.
I nearly slept off blurring it and too lazy to redo even-though it looks pretty messy.
Anyway,my aunt specially ordered it from Dragon-i restaurant in Gurney.
It costed like RM388++ for a box which serves 6 to 8 people.


The content inside the box.
It came with a food thermometer to ensure the food is reheated
properly to the right temperature(atleast 80°C ) before eating.




Tadaaa!



Last but not least,who could resist CNY cookies during CNY itself?
20 different boxes of cookies baked mostly by my aunt and given by other people.

No comments: